Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Maui Trip

David and I were fortunate enough to go to Maui for a couple of days while Grandma was here, and it was so much fun! Of course it went by too fast, but I will have to say my favorite part was R~E~L~A~X~I~N~G :) David went snorkeling for a few hours, and I got to catch up on a really good book laying out on the beach. We did A LOT in the time we had, but I wouldn't change that for sure. David's favorite was the Haleakala summit. We went up to just over 9,700 feet to watch the sunrise. We had to get up at 2a.m. to get on the bus for the tour, but I have to say it is a MUST if you have never done it before. You never view the sunrise the same way again. The next day we went out for an adventure by driving the "Road to Hana". It was interesting to say the least. The road sometimes STOPPED being a two lane road, and you just prayed that you weren't going to get slammed into by oncoming cars..it was CRAZY!!! But the scenery was beautiful; so lush and vibrant, all the colors and the waterfalls, very enchanting. Here a just a few photos (I took over 200) from our great vacation.

Remember 2A.M.~no laughing at my glasses!!






2 comments:

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Wow, this earth definitely has some beautiful places. I'm glad you had a good time. I telling Matthew we should go to Hawaii for our anniversary this year. Hopefully he'll say yes.

MikesDork said...

beautiful pics! I am glad you had a good time even though you weren't feeling 100%!