Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hello everybody! I am pleased to let you all know that the training at the Officer Basic Leaders Course that I am in is coming to a close. It has been full of countless days of boredom and niches of excitement. I have learned a lot about being an Officer and there is so much more I need to learn, but the familiarization was good. I think it would equate to the MTC when I couldn't wait to get out but I will have some good memories. Perhaps the best part of this whole ordeal (besides the weapons training) would be that I am getting back in shape to where I was long ago, even better in some cases than I was in my old football days. I have met plenty of people and made many friends. I am thankful for all of your support especially those that aided Brandi with the children while I have been away. She has grown and demonstrated more strength than she ever knew she had. I miss them so much and can't wait to get home to the chaos.

On the more exciting note, we will be moving to Hawaii on October 10th! Here is a picture of Tripler Army Medical Center will I will be working. We don't know where we will be living yet so we're a bit nervous. I hope that we can stay in touch and I will keep the pictures coming. Aloha!




4 comments:

Angie said...

Awesome. We'll miss you guys a lot, but hopefully you'll be back in So CA before too long. We'll see you soon!!

MikesDork said...

We will miss you more than you know! I will miss our Lunch dates the most!

Mommalynne said...

David, this is Lynne (Angie's mom). Dean and I spent a year in Oahu in 1972/73. We lived in Wahiawa, near the Army Base. We enjoyed Hawaii very much as soon as we got used to the humidity. It is green and beautiful and never gets too cold or too hot. the schools were very good then, I think they still will be. Gina went to Kindergarten there in Wahiawa.
I'm proud of you for doing this worthy thing with your life! We'll miss your guys, but this will be good for you all, I'm sure. God Bless, I'll see you Tuesday night.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Yes! I found your blog. I love the pictures at the bottom, so cute.

I'm so excited, now we can all keep in touch. I'm gonna love seeing your Hawaii pictures.