Friday, October 17, 2008

ALOHA!
We have finally arrived to our first duty station on the "gathering isle" of Oahu. We had quite a wild time on arrival with three sick kids (all the young ones). All is not so bad anymore. Hailey, Josh, and David have become regulars at the Ko'olina beach lagoons on the west end of the island. They are beautiful. The water is perfect and very relaxing. We also just found a house at the Schofield Barracks. We're in the middle of the island and less than 30 minutes from most everything.


David also took all four kids up to the north shore to waimea bay. It was intense and Josh almost got washed out sea if it was not for the help of a nice lady who grabbed him at the last second. Josh's pride was hurt a little and he pouted but the next day he asked about the lady who helped him, so I know he appreciated her help.
Mahalos!

2 comments:

Angie said...

How could you be jealous of the cool weather here when you have a view like this?! It's amazing! We just wish it were closer.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Wow, this reminds me so much of Puerto Rico. I know I say I don't like living there, but I will definitely miss the beaches and the perfect weather. I know you'll have a beautiful and memorable experience there.