Monday, June 21, 2010

Potty Training or BUST!

Yeah, I know the picture up top is "Oh, soo cute" but these little devils know how to drive Momma crazy! I have tried potty training two separate times but to no avail. These little stinkers do not show a lot of interest in this thing called a toilet. But oh how it would make mommy's life so much easier! Instead we take off our diapers when we feel the wetness and/or poops. We know diapers are cold and wet, but we still want to torment our mommy!
Help!!! I have tried "bribery", I have tried the "pretty, pretty princess underwear", I have tried following them around for a couple of days with just a shirt on, and making it a "party" when they sit on the toilet. If you have any ideas PLEASE share!!
I am going to have them potty trained by the end of the summer or I am going to die trying!!!

4 comments:

MikesDork said...

patience Brandi! Maybe try one at a time..... the other will follow. Try stickers with Audrey and food with Avery!

Angie said...

Have you tried the 3-day potty training method? It is the only thing that worked for Maeby. I'll email it to you. There is a section in there specifically for twins.

Natalie said...

I'm there with ya, Brandie! Asia does really well with #1 and has been for awhile but for the life of me, I can't get her to go #2 on the potty. I have heard of the 3 day potty training and recently purchased it but it did not work for #2 (I tried it for a week). I think it would have worked if I had used it from the very beginning (it recommends starting at 22 months) but it is harder to train when they are older, after they have gone through so many methods. But I say give the program a try. It recommends training both at the same time and be done with it and try to get someone to help you or be prepared to exhaust yourself for at least 3 days. Good luck!!!

Natalie said...

Right after I made the post, Asia says, "Mom! I have to poo poo!" She pooped a little in her underwear and is now sitting on the potty trying to finish. So progress!!! Oh and try having them Potty Power DVD. It's really cute and Asia loves to watch it. Elmo's Potty Time is cute too.