Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back to the Daily Routine...

Josh started school this week, and he is trying his very best!! My little guy has a hard time "keeping his hands and arms to himself", so we have been working on that. The school implements a "red light, green light" stategy in the classrooms, so Josh gets in his homework folder a red, yellow, or green light. (He colors whichever one his teacher tells him he was for the day). The first day he got a yellow light, (he wasn't happy about circle time, he wanted to keep playing). Wednesday and Friday he got green lights, so we were very proud of him! They also do "warm fuzzies" or "cold pricklies" and Josh now knows the difference. (we have been working on this as well). I really like his teacher, she seems very PATIENT with the kids and for that I am grateful. Everyday before they go home, they can get one of three things: a hug, a high five, or a thumbs..Josh always wants all three!! Did I mention how much I LOVE my only little guy?!?!?!
Next week Josh goes everyday ALL DAY, so that will be interesting...when he gets tired, he tends to go downhill pretty fast! Hailey of course got a good teacher as well, I just laugh because both of my kids have teachers that are hard to pronounce this year!!! (Josh and Hailey can say them, I still can't pronounce one of them correctly).
I hope everyone has had a productive week, and we are getting new floors upstairs! I will post before and after pictures..that is a long story in itself, but would it seriously be anything else, when you are dealing with "chaos?"



3 comments:

MikesDork said...

They look so big! You will get your routine back!

Angie said...

Wow, Josh and Hailey do both look so grown up! Congrats on the new floors--No more tile I'm guessing?

Lynnette Stevens said...

what cute school kids you are!