Sunday, August 30, 2009

why me?

So I know this has happened before, but I swear it has never reached this magnitude! The past three days the twins have been fighting taking a nap...and as a result, they have fallen asleep in random places. So today, I put them down, and went about my business of picking up, laundry, etc. I FINALLY did not hear anything upstairs and thought, they were asleep. I already had checked on them 4 times to change poops, take away toys, etc. But then I heard a yelping from their room, I thought what could it possibly be this time?
Not only did it look like it snowed in their room, but this time they managed to get a hold of the destin, and not only put it in Audrey's hair but on their faces! They looked like little geisha's!!!
I didn't even know where to begin on washing it out. I tried her hair twice, before I dashed downstairs to grab the laptop and look it up. Come to find out Dawn dish washing liquid does the trick. You have to mix it with a lot of water ahead of time, so your not forever and a day in bubbles, but at least it got it out in two more washes. I had to use more conditioner than normal but at least that part is over...now it is the cleaning! Oh! and did I mention I walked into a little puddle of pee, because Avery took her diaper off AGAIN! (notice the little bottom in one of the pix). My poor Audrey's scalp was so red after scrubbing it so much, and her face was so upset she got redder than a tomato!
Here are some photos of my latest disaster.....





And when it is all said and done, Audrey plops out on the couch...UMMM when is it my turn?

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ugh, Brandi, so sorry!! That does not look like fun AT ALL. My kids never take naps once they're out off the crib. There's just something about not having the choice to get out of bed that makes them finally settle down. I dread the day Adam is too smart for his crib.

You desereve an award for mother of the year!

Angie said...

Oh boy. I do not envy you for having to clean up THAT mess!! So sorry Brandi. They sure are cute little turkeys :)

MikesDork said...

oh my gosh! I guess it is time to take ALL that stuff OUT of their room.... wow!

Natalie said...

HOLY COW!!! This is why your blog is titled, "Sobek's Chaos"!!!

Lynnette Stevens said...

Yikes! that sucks! ooopps! i didn't meant to say the "S" word!

Amy O. said...

I feel your pain!!! Just be thankful it wasn't a "poop-tastrophy" - we had one of those last week. :(

jen said...

wow! those pics are great. you guys will be able to laugh at this when they're older. glad you recorded it. but not fun to clean up!