Sunday, August 9, 2009

Off To The Beach We Go...

We went on Friday to Ko' Olina..they are these man-made lagoons and they sure are
beautiful!! The water is crystal clear, and you have a small current of bath temp. water slowly taking you out to sea. There is a large net in the water on one side of you, and a rock wall on the other side..to prevent large fish, seaweed, and waves coming in. You get the beauty and feel of the beach without the worry of drowning, and getting bit! It was perfect for the kiddos, and it was even a better day for the family. We were there for almost 4 hours, and if it wasn't for soccer, we would of stayed even longer! The only downside was my little Audrey got burned pretty bad on her little face! I thought I was on top of it with the sunscreen, ( I applied it twice) but apparently SPF 30 is NOT enough here.
We even got little miniature cupcakes to seal the deal! It was truly a very fun and rewarding experience for all of us. My girls had a great memorable birthday =-) Besides the sunburning..which all of us got but my two little "indians" Hailey and Josh, we had a great family day. Enjoy the pictures, and Monday Josh starts his first day of school, more pictures to come!!




6 comments:

MikesDork said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new top picture! That is worth blowing up and framing! I am glad you had a good time at the beach... next time we will go there!

Laurie said...

This was one of our favorite places to be. I could have spent everyday on that beach!!!

* said...

So cute, I can't beleive how fast time has gone, doesn't it seem like just yesterday we were at church with all our newborn baby girls. Ahh! Are you enjoying Hawaii? It looks beautiful, maybe someday I will make it out there to see the Islands.Josh is just going to preschool right?

Lynnette Stevens said...

Way cute! very proud of the photographer your turning into! i love those moments when you just look and the kids are doing something soooo cute! thats why i always have a camera with me!

Angie said...

I love that new header too, Brandi...you really should blow it up and frame it!!!

Natalie said...

I'm soooo jealous! We took Asia to the beach for the first time last week, and it wasn't so great. But I'm glad you guys are taking advantage of the beautiful beaches there.