Monday, November 23, 2009

Going to see the Prophet..

So we had the privilege of ALMOST having President Thomas S. Monson come and visit us here in Hawaii. Only 3 stakes were invited and the Mililani Stake (which we are in) was one of them. Anyway, about two days before, unfortunately, Sister Monson fell and broke her hip this past week, so he had a couple people come in his place. It was fabulous! We had L. Tom Perry from the Quorum of the Twelve, President McConkie from the Sunday School General Presidnecy, R. Maynes from the Quorum of the Seventy, Scott D. Whiting from the Area Seventy, and President Monson did a special broadcast from Utah just for us. It was very spiritually uplifting! It was held at the BYU Hawaii Canon Center and it was seriously an experience I will always treasure. I was able to take a TON of notes and actually pay attention because my three younger ones were at home with Daddy due to Audrey having croup. I am so grateful that David let me go, and experience something so special. It is the closest I will get to being at General Conference for a long time!!
It also makes me more appreciative of this time of year, even though my family and friends are not nearby, we love you guys, and I know in my heart you will always be a part of our lives. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

MikesDork said...

I am glad that you were able to go and enjoy yourself....

Vanessa said...

That is so awesome! I love those moments in life where everything hits home and you can feel your testimony growing stronger! Glad you got to go!