Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quick Update

Things are slowly going back to normal (whatever that means)..I keep thinking about all the ( what if 's) with my dad. I hope he knows how much we are going to miss him. The other day I was watching the "little mermaid" with the girls (one of my fav. Disney Movies) and in the end where King Triten comes up from the water to say good-bye to his princess since she just got married, and Ariel whispers in his ear "I love you Daddy". I seriously could not stop crying. Hopefully Heavenly Father heals this open wound soon.
On another note, Josh will be having surgery on his atnoids, and possible tonsils. The doctor is going to call next week to schedule it. School is almost over, and then on to the "dog-gone days of summer". At least my mom will be coming out to visit. I hope we keep busy, it is actually the only way I stay sane these days it seems like. The busier I am the less I think of being sad. I hope everyone has a good month, and keep smiling at your neighbor~ you never know when you will need that smile returned.

3 comments:

MikesDork said...

Brandi, it will heal soon... although I am not sure that you will ever be able to heal completely. When you loose someone you love it takes a while to heal! Just remember to trust in our Heavenly Father, pray and read your scriptures and things will get better. Try to stay busy and love your kids!

Natalie said...

I would be worried if you weren't crying so just let it out! The first year is the hardest. Love you!

The Harts said...

Brandi! I am sooo sorry for your loss. I know this is very belated, but I finally had a chance to pop by your blog today and get the Sobek's update. I read all the way down. I can not even imagine the emotions you are going through right now. I will keep you guys in my prayers. I kept thinking how wonderful it was that you at least had the chance to see him at Bret's wedding. I love the pic on your facebook page of the whole fam. That is hopefully a good memory to keep tucked away. Please take care of your self and know what an amazing woman and mother you are.