Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th Celebration

For the 4th of July Schofield Barracks puts on a big display of food, games, a band and of course fireworks. It is a lot of fun! We headed out early and spent $30.00 on tickets, so the kids could ride some of the rides. It lasted about an hour, and then we decided to take in some of the sights. We came home for some much needed rest, before we headed back for the main attraction.."Smash Mouth" was performing and David was really excited to see them. The girls and Josh were dancing and having a great time. We came home to a neighborhood street bash with our own fireworks to light up and enjoy, before the big display started at 9pm. It was a fun, but long day. Of course, it included melt downs and tired cries, and the occasional boo-boo, but we will definitely do it again next year! Hope everyone had a great 4th, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
Audrey at the petting zoo..(yes, they had one there)




David and Audrey enjoying the classic Hawaiian shaved ice


This was the only ride Audrey would go on, she would attempt the bounce houses and some of the big blow-up slides, but once in, she would come right back out. On this ride her smile was beaming from ear to ear! Sooo cute=-)




Look at my Avery busting a move!! She takes after her brother for sure!


3 comments:

Natalie said...

FUN, FUN!! I love Avery's dancing moves! We kept Asia up WAY past her bed time to watch fireworks too. She took a 3 1/2 hr nap the next day!

MikesDork said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I hope you feel better soon!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

You're so much better at posting than I am. I'm glad you had a great time on the fourth. So I finally posted pictures of the nursery on my blog. I know you wanted to see it. I finally had my last day of work today, thank goodness. It'll be nice to just enjoy or try to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy. take care.