Saturday, July 31, 2010

Soccer Season

Josh and Hailey started another season of soccer, and it is in full swing! They each have had two games, and my little man scored once at each game!! I am so proud of how aggressive he is out on the field! Hailey's team"The Furies" are in all black this year, and although they have lost both games, she is still improving every season she plays, I am very proud of her determination. She has been placed as a "forward" although I think she likes "fullback" best. Josh's team "The Fire Dragons" are doing ok, they have some kids on the team who know what they are doing, so that is definitely a plus! Josh has been a forward, but kind of wanders to where HE feel he is best needed. He helps out the goalie a lot, and then he is right up there in front to get the ball away from the other team. He shows no sign of hesitation when it comes to the ball so that is good too. Here are some pix. from his last game, I haven't had a chance to take pictures of Hailey yet, but I will post them when I get them.
Here they are warming up before the game...

He has decided to lay low and help out the goalie...

He is #9 and his jersery says "Josh". This year they got to choose nicknames if they wanted for the back of their Jerseys, instead of just last names.

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

Soccer is fun... sometimes hard to get good pictures of the kiddos though! Keep up the good work! I will have to send you a soccer mom scticker!