Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Chaos at the Sobeks

It looked as if Santa's elves decided to throw all their extra wrapping paper and bows in our family room, because by 7:15a.m. our house was a disaster! Needless to say, the kids had a blast, and loved everything they got. We heard not one "peep" for most of the morning as all the kids headed in their own directions to play with their shiny new things. I was hoping for a nap, but I had some baking/cooking to do because some really good friends invited us over for Christmas dinner. A good time was definitely had by all! Our kiddos had no naps, so after the festivities at the Gilbert's the kids settled down for hopefully a long winter's nap (aka quick to bed=sleeping in time for Mommy the next day!) Here are some pictures from yet another chaotic but pleasurable time at the Sobek household. Happy New Year everyone!!
This first bunch of photos are from Christmas Eve, my children did not want to take pictures, so as you can see, there aren't any good ones of all 4 of them looking at the camera...


This one is after about ten attempts..someone is getting upset, can you guess who?



Here she is full melt-down and all....



This was after I told her she could open Julia's present if she smiled for me...


This next bunch is from Christmas afternoon at the Gilbert's. They have a beautiful backyard with lots of leg room to stretch out and enjoy yourself in!



This is one of my favorite pix. David captured..it is as if the whole world is passing her by and she could have a cared less...


If you are wondering about the band-aid, she wanted one about three days ago, put it one needlessly, left it on too long, and now she actually has a boo-boo there because of it!


I promise I am ABSOLUTELY up to no good!!!!

I love these next two pix. also. They are my little Ave teaching herself how to swing....



Uhhhh Babe?? Do you have a question or concern you would like to ask me????

These last two are for your enjoyment only. I was riding a bike, and actually kind of forgot how!! It has been way too long..needless to say I did not fall, but it was scary at times all the same!


2 comments:

MikesDork said...

GREAT PICS!!! Love the one of Audrey running and Josh in the chair! Good job on the bike riding... uhhh... i think!

Natalie said...

Beautiful pictures!! Glad your Christmas was full of chaos and laughter!!