Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolutions, and Blah, Blah, Blah.....

I think this New and Wondrous year ahead will only promise what I give it in return. So with that in mind, I fore-go resolutions because A. I write them down and forget about them..B. Will be gung-ho and then stop half-way through with a written reminder that I failed. C. Have new things to worry about and decide that particular resolution was not worth it to do/try in the end. SO....

1. I promise this year I will not yell at my children 1 less time a month

2. I will try to read my scriptures more

3. I will TRY to spend less (at least think about what I am buying..need versus want)

4. Instead of seeing things from my point of view, try to see them from someone else's

AND.. in return I promise to be more optimistic/appreciative/and more deserving of my Savior's love.

There...that is my New Year's/ New Life's achievement/goals to work on....

I genuinely hope that everyone makes this New Year better than the last; progress is always a step forward not backwards.

4 comments:

MikesDork said...

those are all good resolutions.... I mean goals! I do not set resolutions for myself either. why set myself up for failure? We can work on those things together!

luce said...

i would say take care of myself before anyone else.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Brandi, I love your short hair, it looks cute and sassy. You should try the dream board, read my newest post. It works for us on keeping up with our new year resolutions. How are you still liking Hawaii? Is it getting old or are you totally still enjoing it? I hope you have a happy new year.

Vanessa said...

I feel the exact same way! But I am going to try to be more optimistic this year and try to find a blessing in every trial! Here's hoping! Glad you had a great Christmas! I LOVE the bike pictures! :)