Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Colors mean SEASONS!!!

I finally remembered my camera when we went out exploring, so here is some of the shots I captured. We crossed into Missouri today and we literally live about 2 miles from the border. The Missouri River is the border in between the states, and what a site to see! It probably isn't much to some of you guys, but remember, I grew up in Southern California, so a lot of these sites are new to me. The gas prices are a definite plus here at only$3.09 a gallon. I also learned what "Amber Waves of Grain" looked like, that was cool to see. The weather is another bonus of around 46-50 degrees in the morning and at night, but during the day it will get up to 76-80 degrees. Definitely a nice change! We have had to wear close toed shoes, and my feet do not know what to do with themselves.
Another welcoming surprise is my friend Desiree from Hawaii is here with her family, so Josh already has a buddy. He just had his first sleepover the other night and he was beyond excited to learn that his buddy Ryan is here to spend time with him. But the negative for sure is the sales tax! It goes by county/zip code here, so for instance where I bought the kids' furniture it was 9.625, but in Leavenworth it is 8.30. Geesh!
We actually spotted free roaming buffalo on our travels, and saw a TON of cows and deer. I also remembered to take a picture of our new house (see above)! Hailey and Josh start school on Monday, so I will post pictures of that as well soon.
This is a picture of downtown Kansas City, Missouri.
This is what it looks like coming onto post from the main gate...
This is what a lot of the business buildings look like on post. Pretty huh?

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

great pics... glad to see you remembered your camera.... and the price of gas is SO not fair!