Saturday, November 12, 2011

Josh Turns 7

Today was Josh's Birthday, and ,I am reminiscing about how he was little, and such a cuddle bug. I love how he always wakes up happy and excited to start a new day, ready for any adventure! He of course woke up very excited and wanted the world to know that it was his birthday. He got some cool toys from Mom and Dad, some fun board games from Grandma, and some birthday $$ that he couldn't wait to spend. After breakfast, we went to Wal-Mart so he could spend some of his cash, and then to this really cool restaurant called the "T-Rex Cafe". It is really animated with dinosaurs and themed rooms. We were in the "Glacier Room" with a HUGE wholly-mammoth in front of it, and every so often the "Ice Sculptors" above us would change different colors. They had a "Fern Room" a "Friend-a-sauros" room, etc. They all had Dino's that would occasionally talk or roar. It was very loud to say the least in there. The food was "OK" at best but the dessert was spectacular! They had one called the "chocolate extinction" that had four slices of cake with ice cream topped with whipped cream and butter-finger bits, and in the middle of it was a dry-ice volcano thing that would erupt when they brought it out to the table. Needless to say, Josh's face and smile was priceless:) Due to technical difficulty, my camera stopped working all-together when it came time for the b-day song. (of course, just my luck). I was only able to capture one picture from the restaurant, but at least Josh will have the memories:) He was tuckered out by the end of the day, and happily playing in his room with a $12.00 sword he got.
I guess I can definitely learn from this experience because no matter how much u spend on them they always find happiness in the little things...in my case it cost me roughly $12.00 to make his day:)

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

Happy Birthday Josh! I hope he had a great day!! He is getting so big!