Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tis The Season

Even though the song states "Tis the season to be jolly...". I am feeling more like "Tis the season to be overwhelmed, exhausted, not enough time in the day to get everything done..la, la, la LA!"
I know not everything has to be perfect, and the tree trimmed just right, or the right amount of perfectly wrapped gifts under the tree, etc. etc. etc. But I do feel that I should try my very hardest to make it special and unique for the kiddos. When you throw traditions in the mix, it can get to be just too much! So, I have proposed to my family a new way of doing things at Christmas time. We DO NOT have to have the tree up, Christmas lights on the house, and all the decor out on Thanksgiving weekend. We CAN drink hot chocolate every night if we want to, we CAN go look at lights numerous times in different neighborhoods, (Not just on Christmas Eve), we CAN let the kids wrap their own gifts to each other, (this will be a hard one for mom), we DO NOT have to have all the shopping done before December, and most importantly, we CAN actually try and ENJOY the season, and remembering the Spirit. If I can achieve at least two of these things, I will be a happy camper:)

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

tis the season to enjoy!