Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 101

As we slave in the kitchen on Thanksgiving, I am reminded of the song "Because I have been given much, I too must give.." I am very fortunate to have such a giving husband and family. Even when I feel down or alone, I know that they try to cheer me up as best they can. I have a roof over my head, beautiful and healthy children, and a husband who provides for me. I have the church to guide me and give me added comfort in times of great despair. As some of you may know I just received a calling in our new ward as 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. As I feel VERY overwhelmed, my blessing when I was set apart gave me such admiration and strength for my fellow ward members, and the Bishop, that I know there is a reason for this. I just hope I can give to them as much as I know I am going to receive.
I want all of you to know how much I appreciate and love your friendship and guidance throughout the years, for you have pulled me out of the darkest of times, and enlightened me in the best of days. Have a beautiful and safe Thanksgiving everyone:)

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I know you will do great in the RS Presidency! We just swapped callings, I know that overwhelmed feeling!