Sunday, December 4, 2011

Unexpected Haircut

I guess I wasn't lucky enough to have only ONE child experiment with scissors. Some of you may remember when Hailey decided right before family pictures on Easter, but she chopped her bangs up to her scalp as she was cutting her horses' hair, and that took a while to grow back. Well, now Avery cut Audrey's hair in chunks all in the back. I was at work, (why do these things happen whenever Mommy isn't home? I am starting to see a real pattern here!) the girls got into Hailey's room again and took her scissors to cut their Barbie's hair, then their blankets, then Audrey, I assume, signed herself up to get her own hair cut. The "funny" part (if any of this is considered funny) is she decided to stroll in front of Daddy while he was watching his Bears play football to see if he would notice! Ummm....yeah he noticed all right! Needless to say, they are no longer allowed out of his sight when he is home with them. (we will see how long that lasts) I am truly amazed at some of the things they come up with to get into! I do not have any doubt that I WILL have grey hair by the time I am 40 without fail!
The picture up top is so deceitful because that is when they show Mommy how cute and adorable they are, but they can be the littlest stinkers to say the least when you turn your back, even for a second!
UPDATE! When I looked at it this morning, that is when I had a good cry, because the back was much shorter than the front. I could not make it even, so I decided to take her and have it professionally done. I knew they would have to do an A-Line type cut on her, and yet another surprise, when the lady was cutting her hair, underneath the top layer, was about a dime size amount of hair that was no less than 2 inches from her scalp.
The next few are her at the salon. The lady was really nice, but Audrey wouldn't budge, she was mad, and as some of you know very stubborn! In the end, the lady offered to paint her fingernails if she smiled, and finally she did...

2 comments:

luce said...

i love it

MikesDork said...

She is has cute haircut now! It is just hair and it will grow. Good luck on David not letting them out of his sight :)