Friday, March 16, 2012

The Dreaded Drive

Last week we drove from Leavenworth, Kansas to Orlando, Florida with all four kids in tow. First, I must say...What were we thinking? My only excuse is that our drive from California to Kansas was not nearly as troublesome, so my thought process was it would be the same. The only difference was we had all four kids in certain seats in the car, and they could not divert from said seat until we stopped. This time, we bought a DVD player for the car, AND took out one of my bucket seats so Hailey and Josh could have "wiggle" room..BIG MISTAKE! It probably took us an extra 2+ hours a day to get to our destination due to fighting, quarreling, bathroom breaks, etc. UGH! On the flip side, we went through 6 states both ways. Since David and I have never driven through the Midwest to the East coast, that part of it was neat to see. We drove through Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida. It was beautiful! If I had to pick one it would be a toss up between Tennessee and Georgia, lush trees and greenery everywhere! Here are some pictures from the drive....
This is our Hotel where we stayed...
This is on our first day out on our Big Adventure! Each Hotel building was marked by a statue of a certain character, ours was "Tramp" from Lady and the Tramp. They are standing right below it. Let the Magic begin:)

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

You are VERY brave to drive with 4 little kiddos... I remember a few years ago when we drove to Canada and back... my kids were not as little as yours and it was HARD!