Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kansas City Temple & Liberty Jail

I have so many pictures, that I wanted these two to have their own post. We are getting a new temple that is about 30-35 minutes from us. The one our ward and all members were going to was in Omaha, Nebraska; called Winters Quarters. Of course every temple is beyond words when you see it up close, and I was brought to tears as we walked/drove around it. Truly breath-taking.
The Liberty Jail was something spur of the moment, but I am glad we went. I did not realize how small it was! The Sister Missionary who gave us the tour, (It was really neat that it was just our family in this tour.) really put a new perspective on how to really see and feel what they were going through and thinking. She would ask certain questions after each dialogue was read, and played out. I can not explain how humbling and sorrowful I felt seeing those five men going through such dire pain and anguish all over just their faith. It is really remarkable to have the gospel and a deep understanding of how and why members and their families struggle to be as close to our Heavenly father as they can. I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life so I can learn and grow from it, & teach my family how to become better and closer to thee.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

beautiful... Just beautiful.
Julia Mcilquham

MikesDork said...

beautiful pics!!! I want to come visit so we can go!!