Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays

The girls are saying "hello" to everyone!
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! I don't know if the news traveled that far, but we had the ENTIRE island of Oahu without power this past Friday, the day after Christmas! The airport was closed, (yes, closed for approximately 2 hours before running on 2/3rd's power). 900,000 people were in the dark including President elect Barrack Obama. It was definitely one for the books! The hospitals were one of the only ones with generators...I thought being on a military base it would be prepared for something like that, but no we were just as much out of luck as the next person. We had a sleepover for the kids in Josh's room, while David and I were up because we were able to hear every little sound imaginable. I bet he is glad I have invested in so many candles! (ha, ha)


On a better note, Christmas day the girls' favorite gift came from Kasey...those sunglasses were too cute, and needless to say, they kept putting them on and taking them off all day long! I snagged a couple of pics to show everyone.




Plus there are some of them on Hailey's bigwheel that she got about 3 years ago. No matter where Audrey is in the backyard, she heads straight for it, and climbs right into the drivers seat!


Avery doesn't like the way her sister drives apparently!

By the way, for all of my fans....I am finally getting hair!



Hope everyone has a great New Years' and remember we are still missing everyone!

5 comments:

jen said...

how cute!!! i'm so glad you blog so i can keep up with your darling family. we'll have to visit sometime.

MikesDork said...

I am so glad that they liked the glasses! Your site is getting cuter everytime!

Mommalynne said...

Brandi,
I just read through and enjoyed your blog very much! I'm so glad we have this way of keeping in touch. YOur kids are so adorable and getting bigger. we miss you here but are glad you have such a beautiful place to live for a while.
I wish you a very happy New Year, and I'll be checking your blog out often!
Love Lynne

Christina said...

So cute and yay for hair! lol. They are really cute, glad the holidays were nice. Yep, we are trying to get pregnant one last time. lol.

Angie said...

Brandi--we LOVED the little outfits you bought for the girls and can't WAIT for summer to roll along so they can wear them! We also love our webcam, but have yet to try it out! My family have all come and gone now, so the craziness is subsiding. We'll be up and chatting really soon! Miss you!