Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sickness never ends!

WELL -- four colds, three pink-eyes, two re-occurrences, and one sinusitis later; we are finally on the up and up!!!! Man, oh man! Why is it when my family gets sick it is not just your average cold and he/she will be fine, it is full blown everyone bare down the hatches, no school, play, anything for weeks it seems like! Point in fact my family has been sick since right before Valentines weekend!
Hailey and Josh start swim lessons tomorrow, and while everyone made a big deal about getting there "so early" because the line is ridiculous, we got in right away. Thinking I did something right for a change, quickly turned to "what have I gotten myself into NOW?" Because the pool is not heated, and for those of you that don't know what is going on this side of the country, we are having one of the coldest winters Hawaii has ever seen, so of course there was nobody signing up for swim lessons yet! Granted the weather IS doable (between 76-81 degrees) The pool will NOT be warm for my little munchkins, on top of the fact that it rains everyday, almost 4 times a day during this wet winter season. Needless to say, this will be another adventure in our book (as if we need anymore!!!)
On a better note, here is a picture of David and I since everyone seems to wonder why they don't see us and just the kids...our kids are so much cuter that's why!! (Notice the Special K in the background? Yeah that is as close as I got to eating it and losing a waist size, I bought it, and it is still sitting right there for me to look at and do nothing about!)

5 comments:

MikesDork said...

You guys look great! I hope the best for the swim lessons! I miss you! Can not wait to come visit....

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Well, I'm glad to hear things are turning up for you. Surprisingly, Puerto Rico is a little colder than usual too. I've been having to put on a sweater early mornings and late evenings. But I sure am enjoying it because I know it won't last long and summer is right around the corner.

I said the same thing about exercising. I did very well the first month I was here and now everyday I get lazier and lazier about doing it. I truly think the weather here makes me lazy.

Take care and talk to you soon.

Natalie said...

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, right? Hang in there, Brandi!!!

Lynnette Stevens said...

Well it wouldn't be a picture unless David was flashing some sign at the camera! Haha!

jen said...

You guys are too cute! Thanks for the pic!