Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cribs are a thing of the past....

So this weekend has been very, very busy. We had two scary experiences with our Avery, that made us decide to change their sleeping arrangements, which weren't going to be an issue until after they turned 2. She first pulled out her bottom dresser drawer, proceeded to climb into it, pull open the top dresser drawer and try to CLIMB the thing as it is tipping over her. Then the next day, she literally climbed out of her crib( if I wasn't in the room I wouldn't of believed she could of done it) flipped her body weight over and landed smack on her back (on linoleum floor mind you) Got the wind knocked out of her, and a nice size bruise on the back of her head. We obviously had to do something, and after much deliberation this is what we decided to do.

Here is a picture of the toddler beds that we lay them down in to take a nap after they were put together.....


Here is what the room looked like after about 2-3 hours of "freedom" they had to roam their room...(aka nap time)((this picture totally doesn't do it justice, one bed was against the other, and I moved it before I realized I should of taken a picture first))

I am sad actually that we have overcome another milestone of no more cribs, changing table etc. They are becoming little people! We will never have a crib again for one of our own kids, and it makes me feel like I am growing soooo old!

**On a side note, tonight after they fell asleep I went to check on them and they were both in the same bed..it was so cute! I would of taken a picture, but I was afraid the flash would wake them up, hopefully I will get one soon.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Oh boy, Brandi, I also cannot believe they are out of their cribs so fast. Cute toddler beds, though!

MikesDork said...

When we talked about it, I just knew the room would look just like that! They are getting big! They aren't babies anymore! I can not wait to see them!

Unknown said...

That is so cute that the twins were sleeping in the same bed. Let me know if you have anymore pictures to send...the more the better to add to our wedding website! Counting down the days till you are out here!

Lynnette Stevens said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! love what they did to the room! well it will get better! just don't look or listen to the screaming...hahahahahahahahahaha

jen said...

they look so cute in their little toddler beds, i bet it was even cuter when they were together!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

That is scary. Our stake president's baby girl fell out of her bed and hit her head on tile floor. You can't have carpet here due to high humidity, so parents have to be extra careful.

Those toddler beds are so cute though.

Natalie said...

Ooooo, the beds are so cute! I haven't transitioned Asia yet, although I'm thinking about it. It's so adorable that they slept on the same bed!

The Dotter Family said...

I remember that day for me with my twins and the mixed emotions I was having about toddler beds. But it worked out and they are moving onto the big boy bunk beds now.Congrats. just another milestone that you have passed brandi, you are doing great!