Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The "Lull" of Summer

So I have been wondering why this summer is going by soooo slowly, and why this hasn't happened before, and then I realized it is because we have always gone to my mom's or David's parents house. So, instead of wallowing in self pity, I spent my summer's allotment on fun activities for the kiddos. I bought this inflatable water slide thing, and the kids seem to really enjoy it. Between Josh's swim lessons, the library summer reading program, Hailey in summer school and the kids starting soccer season at the end of this month, it should (and hopefully will) go by pretty quickly!
Here are some pictures of this "exciting" new slide I got. You'll see Avery in a diaper that seriously could use a changing (I'll give you one guess who was in charge), and Audrey gripping the end of the slide because she is scared (I scooped her right up after that picture). You'll also see Josh getting ready to do his next big move! Enjoy your summer!




6 comments:

Angie said...

That slide looks like fun. Craig's List??

* said...

Very cute. Looks like they are having a lot of fun. Where is the picture of you and David going down. Lol

jen said...

how awesome! glad you're making summer fun, even though it hard being away from your fam. so smart!

MikesDork said...

You always find the best deals! I love the new pic up top!

Natalie said...

LOL!!! I love the picture of the twins in diapers and Avery's butt nearly hanging out!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Haha, the picture of the very wet diaper is hilarious. Poor thing:( I'm glad you're enjoying the summer, I always try to keep myself as busy as possible so I don't go insane.

BTW, the purse I bought is seen in the picture of us three with out hats on in my blog. As soon as I bought it I put all my stuff in it.