Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Avery and Audrey's BIG Day!!

My girls started pre-school today, and it was scary/emotional/fun/exciting for all three of us to say the least. Audrey is the one who I was worried about and she made Mommy so proud! We started talking to them the whole last week about "going to school", and how they get there, and what they will bring, and what to expect, etc. So today, they got up and were excited to get dressed, and wear their "new" backpacks to school. We get there, and everyone is very welcoming and nice. Their teachers names are "Auntie Beth", and "Ms. Josephina". Avery went right in and waved good-bye to us as if she had been doing it her whole life! (I think because they were serving breakfast right when we got there, it got her excited to be there.) Audrey was O.K. but when there wasn't a seat next to her sister, she kind of backed off and wanted me to stay. We talked for a little bit, and she was a little unsure. I was afraid to leave her, but they said to call @ 10a.m. to check. (School is from 8-noon everyday.) I called and they said she was doing great, reading a book and she apparently found the "dress up" clothes, so she was good to go. When I picked them up, they couldn't wait to tell me everything they did, so that was wonderful! My girls are definitely growing up..I am not quite sure how I feel about it, whether to be happy and excited for my new found 3 1/2 hours of freedom, but also sad that I don't have my little buddies with me.
Here are some pix. from the "BIG" day!
This is right before we left the house...
This is just half of the school. It actually looks like a big "U" shape. Plus a big playground on the side. It is in the middle of a whole bunch of farms.
Their classroom is up these stairs, they look so happy!

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

They look so old... you will love having that 3 hours of mommy time, but you will grow lonely... it takes a little getting use to it... but eventually you will figure out ways to waste your 3 hours!