Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We're Moving Part #1

I think there will be A LOT of additions to this whole moving process, so I am numbering them for my own joy and relief once it is over!!! We have established three things so far.
A~ we are flying home (LA/Southern Cali.) for 3 days in order to drive to Kansas. In which we incurred a HUGE dilemma over the 2nd car business. (Where to ship it, when to ship it, timing a rental car, etc.) It has become a huge pain in the neck! Since the military will ship 1 car, we are shipping the van to L.A. where we will make the trek to Kansas with four kiddos in tow. (Just so everyone is aware, NO this was not my first choice.)
B~ the kids' last day of school is Sept. 16th. We will check out of housing on the 19th, and stay downtown in Waikiki for two nights when we fly out on the 21st.
Finally C~We are shipping Household goods, before unaccompanied baggage because we get Aloha furniture on this end(apparently you do not get this accommodation everywhere). That way our furniture will be there when we get a house.
PHEW!!! That is just the beginning...wish us luck:)

1 comment:

MikesDork said...

I so do not envy you... and I hate to say it... but "I told you so!"

Men... need I say more?

Can't wait til you are back on the mainland.... you can still ship the little car the day you leave, then fly out for time out and drive back :) Just celebrate Josh's birthday a day or 2 early :) :)