Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Craft Complete:)


Yes, after six weeks from start to finish I finally finished A craft. I always have these wonderful and exciting ideas of what I WANT to do, but then I get sidetracked or impatient, and put it on the back burner. Anyway, this one came from my friend Lucy, who has something similar in her home about their travels. Being in the military, you tend to travel a lot, so they had a "home" that said this, then had hearts hanging from it of every place they had been. I have always wanted to do it, and when I say this at a craft fair they had here at the school, I knew I could do it for cheaper:) I bought the flag type board from Hobby Lobby during the month of May from their Memorial Day memorabilia. ( I absolutely love the flag theme; as I am sure some of you already know) I decided to add the stars to indicate where we have been, etc. I spray painted them, then I drilled holes and used the wiring to hold them then VOILA! It cost me all of $11 bucks. I hope this will encourage me to finish all the others I have started, but if my weeks are anything like last week, I seriously doubt my endurance will hold up!
I decided to "sprinkle" white on the stars as well since the board already had white dots on it in random places.  I am very pleased with how it turned out:)

 

2 comments:

MikesDork said...

good job! Ver nice!

The Gilmore Bunch said...

So cute! I love that idea! Glad to hear that you are doing well! BJ