Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Season of Wonder..

This week has been full of change and solitude. I have been pondering my life, (or lack thereof) my social standing, and my New Year's wish list of things to accomplish. I have a friend who is moving, and the military life as great as a lot of it is, never prepares you for the downside of making new friends and then losing them. It makes me miss my friends back home, and then I start to think of the holidays without my family, and yadda, yadda, yadda.
So, in spite of how depressed I feel, I started making a list of to-do's and things to improve on/look forward to in the New Year. At the top of the list of course is coming home for Christmas next year, and finding out where our next "tour" around the states will be. (Notice I said states..NOT Germany!)
The picture up top is of my little pumpkins that thankfully will never cease to amaze me on how much love I have for them. (and vice-versa) It was taken right before a PTO Christmas party I went to last weekend. On the bright side, at least I have my husband to annoy/talk to all the time until a new "friend" comes along...sorry babe=-)
We will think of everyone this holiday season, and keep those Christmas cards coming!

4 comments:

MikesDork said...

you can ALWAYS call me.... I miss you too!!!

Angie said...

Brandi, your family misses you too! I sent your guys' Christmas gift off today and feel sad I won't be able to give it to you in person, but I hope you like it all the same.

In this picture Avery looks just like you! So cute!

Silly Orgillies said...

Cute, cute picture of you and the kids. I love all the big bright-blue eyes. Merry Christmas!

P.S. If you do somehow get sent to Germany I have a friend who's there with her family. I could hook you up. They're going to be there for 2 or 3 years. :)

Rene Potter said...

Thats a great picture of you Brandi. I would feel the same way as you, you are a strong woman! Mark wants to move to some South American country and I'm like, really? I kind of like the U.S. =) Hope I get to see you sometime soon!